- Origin: The Crown Prince Pumpkin (Cucurbita maxima) is believed to have originated in Japan, specifically the Hokkaido region. It is also grown in other parts of the world, including Europe and North America.
- Appearance: The Crown Prince Pumpkin is known for its striking appearance. The fruit is medium to large-sized, usually weighing between 5 and 10 pounds (2.5 to 4.5 kg). It has a unique blue-grey or slate-blue colored skin, which sets it apart from other pumpkin varieties.
- Shape: The pumpkin’s shape is flattened and ribbed, with deep ridges running from the stem to the base.
- Flesh: Inside, the Crown Prince Pumpkin has thick, bright orange flesh. The flesh is dense and smooth, offering a sweet and nutty flavor that is reminiscent of chestnuts.
- Culinary Uses: The Crown Prince Pumpkin is highly regarded for its culinary versatility. It can be roasted, baked, steamed, boiled, or even pureed for use in soups, stews, pies, and other dishes. Its creamy texture makes it ideal for making pumpkin puree for various recipes.
Organic Crown Prince Pumpkin Seeds – ten seeds
Organic Home-grown Sweet, Nutty Crown Prince Pumpkin seeds.
Ten Seeds harvest this year, so very viable